Thursday, February 23, 2006

An evening near Brussels, and What Is This?

Walking the dog at dusk, on a Saturday in November 2005.
The corn is still standing.
Looking at this picture, again I sense that wonderful atmosphere.
Don't forget to click to enlarge.

Just south of Brussels. Find it on Multimap.


And now something to keep you off the street: What Is This? The answer not before Monday, we're off-line during the weekend.

You might as well look where it is, but be a good sport, don't go there while I am away.

Photos Koos Fernhout

8 comments:

Dale said...

Hi Koos

Oops, I meant to say Faber & Faber...
I knew it was Something & Something.

I really like the photo of the cornfield in Belgium. I can feel it, too, & I wasn't even there to begin with.
It has such a fall feeing to it - my favourite season.

Have a great weekend Koos!

Love
Dale

Koos F said...

The same to you Dale!
Oh and I didn't mean nitpicking, I vaguely remember F&F was not the only publisher in his life.
Have you worked out what the concrete thing is?
Love
Koos

Erik-Jan said...

Hi Koos,
Nice object. There seems to be no reference to the actual size. It could be a huge building or a rather small object. Some Googling on Nesserdijk did not reveal anything to me.
Erik-Jan.

Erik-Jan said...

Second guess. Height approx. 40 centimeters. Is it on a quay and has it something to do with the waterway behind?
Erik-Jan.

PTfan said...

What is it indeed!

I love the dusk photo. Lovely!

Mary Beth said...

Hi Koos,

What a beautiful picture of the corn field! I haven't had much luck taking pictures at dusk - everything turns out black!

I'll anxiously await your answer to what the second picture is - I honestly have no clue, but it looks interesting!

Anne-Marie said...

Koos,
The cornfield photo is stunning. I won't even try to guess what the second one is- don't want to embarass myself too much!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

-AM

John Sullivan said...

Hey Koos!

How is the music scene over there? Check out my blog when you can.

Sully